Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

XF86Config

Thread: XF86Config

Hybrid View

mugs

XF86Config

I want to edit the XF86Config file in my Suse installation, but the file says not to edit it. There is a utility called Sax, but everytime I go into it, it kills my mouse.

Where/how can I edit this?

Thanks.

More info. Sax says it is for XF863 and I should use Sax2, so I do, it first asks me if I want 3D, I say yes, and then the screen goes black. When I reboot, I have no mouse or sound until I fix it.

KenHan

Re:XF86Config

I'm not sure I understand this but ...

why don't you edit the file from shell ??

should be in the neighborhood of /etc/X11/XF86config
    and then do a 'su root' and edit it manually.

//KenHan

mugs

That is what I was going to do , but at the top of the file, it says not to!

JimH

Ignore it and edit it anyway. :P

It probably confuses whatever tool SUSE has for configuring X if you hand edit it.

mugs

Ok, that is what I figured. The Sax programs mess things up real bad. What I want to do is add this line to the file:

FontPath "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/mozilla-fonts"

This is supposed to help smooth out my fonts in Mozilla? They look great in Konqueror, but I use Mozilla. I got this advice from:

http://www.troubleshooters.com/linux...crumbfonts.htm

yep, just bung it in.
    there should be some other fontpath lines near the top too
    you will need to restart x for it to take effect
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

JimH

Where you add the fontpath lines is going to be dependent on whether or not you are using XFS.

If your XF86Config has for it current fontpath somethiing like...

FontPath "unix/:7100"

Then your fontpath will be set in /etc/X11/fs/config. Editing this file will require you do restart XFS.

It should be noted that apps using XFT no longer use XFS. The fontpath for XFT is /etc/fonts/fonts.conf

Also note these are where Red Hat places the config files. Other distributions may vary slightly.

mugs

Well, I bunged it in, but it didnt seem to make any difference in Mozilla. I will go back over your post, Jim....