Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

mail security

Thread: mail security

KenHan

mail security

I saw something the other day that I've pondered about and it is concerning email client and security issues in Linux. This guy he clamed that in for example evolution they are building in alot of support for different mediatypes and they do it with implementing some wine support, and the sideeffect of that was that we will be vulnerable for some windoze email worms etc..

Anyone know anything about this?

( I know when I was stuck in the m$ windoze swamp .. I never used "standard mail clients, and avoided alots of worms and problems related to the standard email clients)
    ;D

I use evolution 1.2 and I think it is great! but maybe it would be smarter to use another default email client .. ??

Maybe it is just rumors, but then maybe you boys and gals can straight that out, cause I think there are some people thinking about that issue.

have a good one

;D

//KenHan

JimH

Re:mail security

Were you talking to a Microsoft PR representive who gave you those crazy ideas? ???

KenHan

hehehe ..

actually it was guy in a slack-forum somewhere .. don't remember where ..

//KenHan

i don't think its possible even with wine, because
    a) deltree c:\*.* will just take everything out of ~/.wine/fake_windows
    b) a normal user couldn't remove / even if they tried, not that windows viruses can understand it anyway

yes!
    evolution 1.2 is coooool
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

KenHan

Thats true

But I was thinking more in the neighborhood of a possible virus was able to retrieve my addressbook and send mail to people in it and infect any window machine that it may target.

Making it look like the virus came from my address ...

//KenHan

oh, so evolution now stores its address book in outlook format, huh?? ??? ??? ;D ;D ;D ;D

KenHan

LOL

//KenHan

i think you get my point there.....

KenHan

yes sir ..

;D ;D