Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Asus P4B 533 onboard Audio / Redhat 8.0

Thread: Asus P4B 533 onboard Audio / Redhat 8.0

Dodo

Asus P4B 533 onboard Audio / Redhat 8.0

The onboard Cmedia chip was detected and configured flawlessly - except of the fact that it only delivers two-channel audio to my Creative Inspire 4.1 device which means that the two rear-speakers are dangling carrots ;D...

LotŽs of noise anyway but iŽd love to get this fixed.

Asus provides a driver on their website, but when trying to install this cutie from source following the instruction step by step (yes i always RTFM) i get an error like "no target for make" .

Has anyone experiences w. this hardware/driver? Should be the same prob if the cmedia-driver is required for an PCI - card.

Any help (even more common advice) would be greatly appreciated

Dodo

Re:Asus P4B 533 onboard Audio / Redhat 8.0

what kind of media are you playing though the speakers that cause it to only come out the front two? i havea 5.1 and for CDs, it uses center, left and right speakers, and not the rear two. lets hope it is that :P

-Babbing

Dodo

I knew that it would play CD-Audio sound just through the front/middle speakers
    , but shouldŽt there be any sourround sound in games like UT or Quake?

JimH

Does this onboard audio chip have rear outputs? If not, I don't see how you are going to get a front and rear channel.

Jim H

Dodo

yup, it has. if my rear speakers wereŽnt connected iŽd not exspect them to do anything :-)

JimH

Quote Originally Posted by Dodo
    yup, it has. if my rear speakers wereŽnt connected iŽd not exspect them to do anything :-)
    ;D

Hmm, not familiar with Linux support for that specific audio. It is possible that rear channel is not yet supported. Did you check the mixer and see if it shows dual volume controls?

Dodo

Nada. No double volume control... :P

To check out if there was a better hardware support i wanted to install the
    ASUS - drivers, but it ended up like discribed above. Actually i dunno if it would improve anything because of the timelag in published informations about the drivers provided by current distributions...

8.0 has been out for a while now and thereŽs already quite a lot of material, but some things are still missing so maybe the hardware support i get now is the best available

Dodo

to who it may concern : there are chances that one has to compile the kernel w. support for 4 i. the cmedia - module speakers. Havenṫ tried yet, will post results

JimH

Can you post a copy of your /etc/modules.conf and the the output of...

/sbin/lspci -v

You don't have to post all the output. Just the entries having to do with your sound card.