Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

SDL 1.1 not found when I already have 1.2?

Thread: SDL 1.1 not found when I already have 1.2?

Snake785

SDL 1.1 not found when I already have 1.2?

Hey. I'm a newbie to Linux and I finally managed to install Linux and have no problems with it. Well, almost no problems....anyways, I downloaded this executable (is it even called that in Linux? :P) of D2X (an ehanced version of Descent 2) and Raptor: Call of the Shadows and when I go to run them (I have followed the instructions on how to install them carefully), in the terminal it says that SDL 1.1 was not found and to install it. But I already have SDL 1.2 installed. Anybody know why this is happening? I also went to SDL's website to find 1.1 bt I couldn't find it there. They seem to have 1.0 and 1.2. Thanks for any help!

JimH

Re:SDL 1.1 not found when I already have 1.2?

What distribution and version of Linux are you using? Did you install SDL from your distribution CD's or from source?

Jim H

Snake785

Oops, Sorry about that I forgot. I'm running Mandrake 9 and I installed SDL using RPMs (I did download them from SDL's website and wasn't a part of the instalation of Mdk).

Btw, sorry for posting in the wrong forum...I didn't see this one.

whats the error say?
    paste it in
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

Snake785

Well, I can't boot up into Linux atm but I do know what the error says, somewhat...

libSDL-1.1.so.0 not found.

It's something like that. That is the error tho, I just dont know the exact line. I could paste it in once I get a chance to boot into Linux.

This is assuming that you are compiling D2X. If not, then disreguard this.

You probably just need to specify in your ./configure where SDL is installed to. Try using ./configure --help to get a list of options avaliable. You might see in there --with-sdl-prefix= an option similar to this is what you're looking for. Once found it would be used like this: ./configure --with-sdl-prefix=/path/to/sdl

Hope you understand this.
    AMD Athlon 2200+ 1.8Ghz
    1280MB PC-3200 CAS2.5 RAM
    ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB AGP
    Western Digital WDC WD2500JB-00FUA0 250GB 7200 rpm ATA/133
    Seagate ST3200822A 200GB 7200 rpm ATA/133
    Western Digital WDC WD1200BB-00CAA1 120GB 7200 rpm ATA/133
    Western Digital WDC WD800BB-00CAA1 80GB 7200 rpm ATA/133
    Maxtor OneTouch 2HA43R32 1TB 7200 rpm USB 2.0
    D-Link DFE-530TX+ 10/100 NIC
    D-Link DWL-G520 Rev.A
    Debian 5.0r1 Lenny

JimH

Well it looks like you are going to have to find an SDL 1.1 source rpm from an older version of Mandrake and try to recompile it for 9.0. Or find a tar.gz to compile.

You might try posting a message to the SDL mailing list. The developers might have the old version.

The problem is that Descent is compiled against libSDL-1.1.so.0 and you have libSDL-1.2.so.0 installed. :'(

libSDL-1.1 seems to be from about 2 years ago. I found references to it from Red Hat 7.1.

Jim H

Snake785

I found the source to D2x and I recompiled it and now it works! Thanks for the help!

I also tried to install it for OpenGL but an error came up stating that it can't find GLU. What is GLU and how could I install it? I'd like to run it in OpenGl because it will run SO much faster than it does in SDL.

JimH

LOL, I didnt expect the source to be available, but that was the best way to fix. ;D

I don't know what package from Mandrake provides libGLU. Red HAt has a separate package for it. Try this and see if it shows anything.

locate libGLU

Jim H