Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

RH8 Mail config

Thread: RH8 Mail config

neiljr

RH8 Mail config

http://URL

Help!!
    I've got problems configuring pop mail account
    hostname is always added to the username causing authentication failure.

how can I fix this????????

??? ??? ???

mugs

Re:RH8 Mail config

First off, what do you have at the top of this post? At work on a T3 connection, it wont come in?

But, what mail program are you using?

neiljr

I have tried using the mozilla client and office org with the same result.

As for what is at the top, I do not know it did not appear when first posted ???

mugs

It appears to be some movie file. I use KMail, but have also used Sylpheed and Evolution, all with good results.

neiljr

Office org uses evolution. But it always adds the server host name to the end of the user name any ideas???

hostname is always added to the username causing authentication failure.
    Where do you notice this?
    Its better to regret something you have done than to regret something you havent done :P

did you select pop server, instead of local mail box?
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

neiljr

Yes I selected POP mail box.

The problem occurs when authentication takes place, it creates the wrong user name by adding the hostname to what ever is placed in the username box.