Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

problems installing linux 7.3

Thread: problems installing linux 7.3

sunny

problems installing linux 7.3

Hi ,
    let me admit that I am a linux newbie. I downloaded the linux 7.3 ISO files and then burned them on a CD.( I am trying to install linux on a AMD DURON machine which already has Windowx XP on it). I then buned the ISO files on a CD's. But when I try to use the first CD and give the command "linux mediacheck" on the boot prompt to check the integrity of the ISO files, the whole screen becomes a blank promptly in 5 seconds.
    kindly help. Also let me know since I am able to get as far as the boot prompt, does this mean that that I have a bootable linux CD and that I do not require an additional diskette for booting as mentioned in the redhat linux help manuals.
    Thanks,

Sunny.

Re:problems installing linux 7.3

Mate i dunno what u trying to do but first of all just stick the CD's in and press enter when the 1st screen comes up - then tell us what happened.

Also u need unformatted space on your HDD before you can put Linux on with Windows.

Also let me know since I am able to get as far as the boot prompt, does this mean that that I have a bootable linux CD and that I do not require an additional diskette for booting as mentioned in the redhat linux help manuals.
    ?? u only need the diskette if your machine does not suppot booting from the CDROM. If your machine supports booting from the cdrom then the RH 7.3 cd's should be fine.

Good luck - linux is fun to play with ;D
    Its better to regret something you have done than to regret something you havent done :P

JimH

Re:problems installing linux 7.3

Are you sure you correctly made the cd's?

What program did you use to make the cd's?

Jim H