Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

FAM and portmap

Thread: FAM and portmap

SunDevil

FAM and portmap

Why do i want these to be running in the background?

File Access Monitor? i know when i access my files.

Re:FAM and portmap

i think gnome uses FAM to do stuff like automount. KDE might use it too.
    When you put in a cd, gnome will automatically mount it and put a link to it on the desktop, super nifty
    Other wms might use it too

Alastair
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

JimH

Re:FAM and portmap

Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil
    File Access Monitor?
    FAM = file alteration monitor

nautilus is one app that uses. I believe konqueror does also. If you want to know exactly what it does check out the FAQ.

http://oss.sgi.com/projects/fam/faq.html

I saw a post from a Red Hat developer a while back who mentioned wanting to rewrite FAM to make it more sane. ie. for one, not having it need portmap, but it wasn't high on the priority list.

Jim H