Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

dhcpd

Thread: dhcpd

dhcpd

Ok i'm having trouble with using dhcp. setup like this
    dhcpd is running on eth1of the RH 7.3 Box and using the rpm from the Red Hat 8.0 Disk
    The RH7.3 Box also has a modem connection to the internet and masquerades for the XP and RH8 Box

Internet
    |
    Red Hat 7.3-eth0----------winXP
    -eth1----------Red hat8

When i try to connect to the internet from the RH 8.0 machine it cant find the page. Im thinking its something to do with the default gateway? or the DNS servers. I added the DNS servers to /etc/dhcpd.conf by looking at /etc/resolve.conf of the RH7.3 Box when connected to the internet.

My /etc/dhcpd.conf :

ddns-update-style ad-hoc;
    default-lease-time 1200;
    max-lease-time 9200;
    option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0;
    option broadcast-address 192.168.1.255;
    option domain-name-servers 203.194.27.57, 203.194.56.150;
    subnet 192.168.1.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
    range 192.168.1.10 192.168.1.100;
    }

Cheers
    Its better to regret something you have done than to regret something you havent done :P

JimH

Re:dhcpd

Try adding the ip address of your gateway.

option routers whatever-ip;

Jim H

Added the routers and the gateway is correct now but the DNS still isnt working. It does if i add the DNS servers to /etc/resolv.conf on the clients, but i was hoping that DHCP would take care of it?
    Is there a way of making the 7.3 server point the way to the DNS servers for the clients. So configuring the clients doesn't mean adding entries to /etc/resolv.conf.

TA
    Its better to regret something you have done than to regret something you havent done :P

JimH

It should automatically update /etc/resolv.conf. I haven't played with dhcp under Red Hat 8 something might have changed other then the switch to using dhclient.

Try forcing it by adding "PEERDNS=yes" to your /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth*

replace * with the correct number.

Jim H

Ok ill try that, im not at home at the moment - fill you in when i do. But also what about ideas for the windows clients?
    Anyway i'll persevere and let u guys know if i have a win.

PEERDNS=yes worked for the linux client YAY!
    Actually it was already in the ifcfg-eth0 file, and set to no. I guess i should have guessed that :

Thanks again Jim

JimH

Hmm, you must have accidently at some time changed it to "no". "yes" is the default.

Jim H