Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Mozilla 1.2b with Xft support

Thread: Mozilla 1.2b with Xft support

JimH

Mozilla 1.2b with Xft support

WHOA!!! I just compiled Mozilla 1.2b with Xft support on my Red Hat 8.0 system. WHOA!!!! It's looking good! ;D ;D ;D ;D

I put a few screenshots up. Enjoy. ;D

http://www.getlinuxonline.com/Downloads/mozilla-xft/

Jim H

mugs

Re:Mozilla 1.2b with Xft support

Looks really nice Jim. What font are you using in Mozilla?

Also, what is XFT?

JimH

Quote Originally Posted by mugs
    Looks really nice Jim. What font are you using in Mozilla?
    Luxi Sans. When I installed the new mozilla it really limited the list of fonts. But I have mozilla set to allow document to use other fonts. I have to play with it some more.

Also, what is XFT?
    Xft is the new font rendering system that Red Hat is using in 8.0. All the distributions will be using it eventually. Mandoze 9 probably uses it and I imagine Suse 8.1.

Xft support in mozilla is still experimental.

Jim H

mugs

Oh, thanks. How do you set Mozilla to allow the other fonts?

JimH

It is in the preferences under appearance/fonts. This can actually make some webpages look worse depending on the fonts you have installed and what the webpage is using. Allow documents to use other fonts is checked by default. If you have not disabled it, it will already be set.

Jim H