Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Desktop shortcuts not working - KDE

Thread: Desktop shortcuts not working - KDE

Desktop shortcuts not working - KDE

For some reason? some of my desktop shortcuts stopped working. even when i deleted them and re made them.

for example i made a link to a URL that was /

the message i get is

Sorry

KDEinit could not launch '/usr/Open /'

Any ideas?

Oh yea using the KDE version that comes default with RH 7.3
    Its better to regret something you have done than to regret something you havent done :P

Re:Desktop shortcuts not working - KDE

why / ?
    what are you trying to acheive?
    if its a webpage, use http://localhost/ or http://127.0.0.1/
    if its the / file system, why are you linking to a url
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

When you right click on the KDE desktop and choose "Create New" you can choose "Link to a URL" then make it choose the root directory so i can navigate there by using Konqueror, with a click of a mouse button from the desktop. ;D
    Its better to regret something you have done than to regret something you havent done :P

yeah, i wasn't too sure wether the "link to URL" also applied to dirs, not using kde etc.
    I just made one in konq and it worked fine.
    The code in it is this:
    [Desktop Entry]
    Encoding=UTF-8
    Icon=mime_empty
    Type=Link
    URL=/

Alastair

Ok where does that code reside ? So I can check mine?

Thanks Alastair

that _is_ the URL
    just open it in a text editor

Yep mine says same thing. Still wont work tho??
    Just get that damn message.

so you did nothing?
    it just stopped working?

Yep, I tell no lies. Thats why im baffled.
    Didnt change a thing anywhere - just 1 day it didnt work? Seriously!
    And now i cant make any new shortcuts to any Locations
    But the default home shortcut still works?

Strange!! Well i nearly finished downloading RH 8.0 (quite a job with a 56k)
    So i guess im just gonna reinstall and let that prob slide. Maybe go Gnome??
    We'll see - i realy liked KDE