Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

New video Card - same drivers?

Thread: New video Card - same drivers?

New video Card - same drivers?

ok I just got my self a Geforce 4 and installed it fine and to my suprise X worked with the previous drivers that i used for the Geforce 2. Seemed just too hassle free

So my question is do i need to install new drivers (or reinstall the old 1's) to utilize the extra grunt or do the old drivers work it out?

If they dont then thats 1 up on windows

May the (Ge) force be with u

Darth Vader always knew what everyone was gettin for xmas - he felt there presents :P
    Its better to regret something you have done than to regret something you havent done :P

Re:New video Card - same drivers?

were the drivers released before or after the gforce4 was?
    if before, then there might be some extra features that you can't use.
    otherwise i guess it would be ok
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

JimH

I thought the Nvidiot drivers supported all versions of the GeForce cards in one driver.

Jim H

yeah, but say frisky has drivers version 3, released on day 100, then the gforce4 was released on day 120 the drivers wouldn't be as up to date...
    (bad example, but yeah... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :P :P :P :P :P)
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??