Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

wget

Thread: wget

wget

Hey guys - how r u all

Anyway i was gettin the hang of wget and how you can finish downloads later with wget -c , and lots of other cool things but, i was wondering can you make wget download with more than 1 connection? Like what i mean is if there is a slow connection can you have multiple connections to the one site(or maybe to multiple mirrors?) to speed things up a bit?

Cheers
    Its better to regret something you have done than to regret something you havent done :P

Re:wget

have you checked the manpage?
    man wget
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

Yes i always do if i can find a man page on something - didnt help me though. I guess it can't be done ???
    Its better to regret something you have done than to regret something you havent done :P

Spot

If you're trying to get all the files in a directory, you can use the -r switch along with a few others. If you're trying to get different files foerm different sources, linux can use v-terms...

Ill try to xplain further.

When im downloading this file off a ftp site its slow.
    I want to connect to it multiple times so if i get multiple slow connections it will seem like one fast connection.

Vterms? i missed that in the man page- ill look again see if thats what im after.

Basically when i use Get-right, i can choose segmented downloading, i want to know if wget can do something similiar.

Anyways cheers

I'm not aware of whether wget can do a multithreaded connection (which is basically what you are asking if it can do) but I thought if I mentioned the proper term for what you are trying to ask, someone else might be able to answer it better ;D

I doubt it can handle a multithreaded connection, but I could be wrong.... Anyone have any ideas?

gaxprels

Yea my vocabulary sux lol. Ta for the info though

whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??