3) /dev/hdd, my Linux drive, is 20 gigs
They are partitioned as such:

/dev/hda
hda1 2gigs FAT
hda2 13gigs EXTENDED
hda5 13gigs (same space as above) FAT

/dev/hdb
hdb1 60gigs ntfs
8megs unpartitioned (dunno why winXP does this)

/dev/hdd
hdd1 100megs ext3 (boot)
hdd2 19.4gigs ext3 (root)
hdd3 400megs linux swap

Soundcard is Creative Labs Soundblaster Live!
CD is a burner from them too.
192 megs of either PC100 or 133, can't remember offhand.

I have two ethernet cards. One is set not to be bothered when booting up because it's not plugged into anything. This one is called eth1. The active one is eth0. BTW, on start up, eth0 takes FOREVER to initialize. Takes longer on that one step than the entire boot process combined, but it ends with an [OK] anyway.

Here's my network setup:

I have a cable modem. It's plugged into the uplink port on a switch, that has all my computers hooked into it, and one external hub. The other two computers are running Windows XP. I would love to install Linux on them but I don't have the space or the money to get new drives. Oh well. Anyway, all the computers get their internet from that switch. Works perfectly fine for Windows. I don't see it as a problem for Linux either.

Logging into Linux is fine, though as I said, initializing eth0 takes forever. Here's the error I get when I type startx at the prompt after logging in:

Could not look up internet address for COMPUTER.
This will prevent GNOME from operating correctly.
It may be possible to correct the problem by adding
COMPUTER to the file /etc/hosts.
(Buttons)

Though, 'COMPUTER' is actually called something else, something embarrassing that my brother somehow put in there. Oh well, not important. Try Again doesn't work. Log In Anyway will boot Bluecurve up. I can go into my network configuration but it shows my IP address is 127.0.0.1. Usually, in windoze, that means I'm not connected to the Internet. But I can browse just fine, chat, etc...

I'm going to read over that one post that someone suggested and reply to my own topic with changes if need be.