Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Knoppix 3.8 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knoppix 3.8

Re: Knoppix 3.8

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal Error";p="7473
    Had it DLed for a few days but didn't burn a CD until today.

As a live CD there is nothing to complain about. That on an almost 4 year old HP Pavilion. Over the weekend I shall inherit my wifes old lap top and will start to learn Linux wireless, That will be reported on ASAP.

If there is anyone that doesn't have broadband PM me with an address and I will burn/ship one to ya!
    Ok... What's the story on Knoppix 3.8?
    Steve

jro post that error your getting with qemu and well try to help.
    Wenn Sie Spaß meines Englisch mich Willensfuckingtötung Sie bilden.

Fatal qemu is like vmware.
    See you install qemu on say linux you could then install say windows 95 or even linux and run a totaly
    new os in qemu from your current desktop.
    You can even use qemu to boot new kernel builds livecds inirtd/root fileing systems ect ect.
    So instead of shutting your computer down and booting a livecd you can just run that live cd from your current desktop.

Qemu runs on Linux, Mac and windows.
    Another program like qemu is pearpc you use that to install and boot a mac os on a x86 pc if you dont actualy have a mac.
    Wenn Sie Spaß meines Englisch mich Willensfuckingtötung Sie bilden.

Mentor
    Qemu sounds like OS schizophrenia.

To quote that bad commercial "I'm a Linux guy"

It doesn't seem like a tool for me but if I was a cubical warrior in a winders place that would be a sweet thing.

Sorry fellas, been in and out alot lately. Figured out what was going wrong. There really wasn't an error, just running qemu and Knoppix 3.8 from the CD made everything really slow so it would show a couple diagnostic messages, then seemingly freeze for a minute then continue to boot. Me, in all my infinite patience, would think it froze up after about 20 seconds of nothing and kill the program. I guess I just had to wait a little bit more. :-P
    jro -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Linux counter#:213782
    GnuPG ID: 406238E7

Mentor

Okay f00ons and f00ettes, This post is comming from my wifes old laptop, now my NEW
    laptop!

Running Knoppix 3.8.1Live CD
    Ethernet broadband, works (next wireless?)

This is a Compaq Presario 700us and it has always had problems w/Knoppix Live CD's.
    Not this time, everything I have tried is working.

Wireless is under Control Center>Internet&Network>Wireless Network

I shall play a bit more then log out and hook-up the USB wireless thingy and see what happens.

You all need a few disks of Knoppix in your purse. This is a great teaching tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal Error";p="7496
    I shall play a bit more then log out and hook-up the USB wireless thingy and see what happens.

You all need a few disks of Knoppix in your purse. This is a great teaching tool.
    Sounds great. Ummm... What's this little USB wireless thingy you mentioned? Could this be what I'm looking for to use on the Shuttle (for wireless)?!
    Steve

Mentor
    YES

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal Error";p="7500
    YES
    Ok, well... Just did some Googling and low and behold; there are USB wireless adaptors out there now :mrgreen: . That means I can use one on the Shuttle, seeing as I don't have an open slot anywhere else on that machine :w00t: . Good news all around, as it were.
    Steve

Mentor
    SNCT, Look at the 'shoutbox'