Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

kernel\driver help please - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: kernel\driver help please

Aaron_Adams

Re:kernel\driver help please

lol...

First off, rc.modules isn't run from /etc/inittab
    inittab defines the runlevels and what rc.* script to run. The rc.* script that runs when the system initializes is rc.S. A quick grepping of rc.S will show that it is responsible for the execution of rc.modules.

Second, and this one is important! In shell scripting the 'hash' (#) signifies a comment, therefore what comes afterwards will not be used.

For example:
    echo "I will be seen"
    #echo "I won't be seen"

Because you didn't realize this, I'm guessing you didn't properly modify the rc.modules script. What you want to do is locate the line:

#/sbin/modprobe emu10k1

and switch it to

/sbin/modprobe emu10k1

Let us know how that works.

lol i was at a computer meeting today for the first time, and it was the hash's, because i asked another guy that used linux and he looked over it and said thats what it was so i changed it and reloaded and VOALA SOUND! =D thanks for your help anyways.
    AMD Athlon XP 2500+<br />DFI NFII Ultra Infinity(gigabyte sucks)<br />OCZ 2 x 512 PC3200<br />ATI Radeon AIW 9600 PRO<br />16x DVD-Rom (not in use)<br />LG 8x DVD-Burner<br />LG 40x12x40 CD-RW<br />WD 120GB<br />420W PSU<br />Tweaked out case<br />:)

oh and to keep you up to date that was the problem with my mouse also, is i didnt know not to put hash's in and since everything else had hash's i just added them but the wheelmouse works now and i am happy with myself, i think i may try a stage one gentoo install also and see if i can get that working
    AMD Athlon XP 2500+<br />DFI NFII Ultra Infinity(gigabyte sucks)<br />OCZ 2 x 512 PC3200<br />ATI Radeon AIW 9600 PRO<br />16x DVD-Rom (not in use)<br />LG 8x DVD-Burner<br />LG 40x12x40 CD-RW<br />WD 120GB<br />420W PSU<br />Tweaked out case<br />:)