Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
drivers

Thread: drivers

torch

drivers

Hi guys and girls....I have an MSI K7N420 Pro motherboard and it uses the nForce chipset...So I figured the reason why my display and anyhting graphical wasnt working was because I dont have any drivers on linux...so I went to nvidias website got the red hat 7.3 drivers for nforce in .rpm format and put them on a disk...now I dont know how to get the drivers from the floppy onto linux and have it install the drivers or do what it does to them...any help would be greatl appreciated

shaun680

Re:drivers

hehe I have the same motherboard..and the same problem. I managed to install the drivers, but it didn't sort my problem out. The way I installed was as follows:

With the floppy in the drive (of course) and at the command prompt type:

mount /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy

cd /mnt/floppy

rpm -i <filename>.rpm

Then when I rebooted, a screen came up telling me to configure the graphics card. But I still get a black screen when trying to boot into X. Please help!