Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Installing Groundhog

Thread: Installing Groundhog

mugs

Installing Groundhog

I am trying to install "groundhog", which is supposed to be a kids game. It isnt really that big of a deal and it probably sucks ,but I just want to get it installed, because I cant. I have gtk2 and glib installed, but I keep getting this message when I try to run ./configure:

checking for GLIB - version >= 2.0.0... no
    *** Could not run GLIB test program, checking why...
    *** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for the
    *** exact error that occured. This usually means GLIB was incorrectly installed
    *** or that you have moved GLIB since it was installed. In the latter case, you
    *** may want to edit the pkg-config script: /usr/local/bin/pkg-config
    configure: error: Test for GLIB failed. See the file 'INSTALL' for help.
    mugs@linux:~/Desktop/ghog/groundhog-1.4>

Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

Re:Installing Groundhog

chances are glib is in an obscure place.
    what distro?
    if you can find where the file is (possibly glib.so.1 - use locate) then add the path to the folder in /etc/ld.so.conf (eg /usr/local/lib) and run /sbin/ldconfig
    then do a ./configure again
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

mugs

thanks for the help. I am using Suse 8.0. I will try what you suggest, I havent done anything like that yet.

mugs

Alastair, I found glib to be in usr/lib/glib and I added that line to ld.so.conf. However I am not sure how to actually run ldconfig. So, I am still unable to compile this program. The message says to check pkgconfig, but I cant edit that file, as it is an executable. Thanks for all the help so far, please let me know how to run ldconfig. Thanks!

just run it, its in /sbin
    you will need to be root

mugs

I signed in as root, ran ldconfig (clicked on it--nothing much seemed to happen), but I still cant get this installed. Same message, I guess

Could not run GLIB test program, checking why...
    *** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for the
    *** exact error that occured. This usually means GLIB was incorrectly installed
    *** or that you have moved GLIB since it was installed. In the latter case, you
    *** may want to edit the pkg-config script: /usr/bin/pkg-config
    configure: error: Test for GLIB failed. See the file 'INSTALL' for help.
    linux:/home/mugs/Desktop/ghog/groundhog-1.4 #

I appreciate your time!

is /usr/bin/pkg-config a text file?
    post it here

mugs

I cannot find a pkg-config text file, just some executables! ???

i think it is a bash script, with the x attribute set, which is why it looks like an exectuable file, you should be able to open it in any text editor

mugs

I tried in several different editors, but all I could get was a bunch of garbage!