Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

How do I get Word 2000 in Linux

Thread: How do I get Word 2000 in Linux

cindir

How do I get Word 2000 in Linux

I need a little help, I need a linux program that can read word 2000 .doc files and have similar features/bugs (such as spell checker/grammar checker) or be able to use word 2000 itself in linux. It has to be Word 2000 because thats what my school uses.
    Thanks guys
    cindir ;D

Re:How do I get Word 2000 in Linux

openoffice.org
    or
    abisource.com
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

o o o, also look into star office and there is another suite that comes highly recommened from a chip designer at intel i met, Crossover office.

http://www.staroffice.com/

http://www.codeweavers.com/products/office/

Goodluck

Babbing

Quote Originally Posted by babbing
    o o o, also look into star office and there is another suite that comes highly recommened from a chip designer at intel i met, Crossover office.

http://www.staroffice.com/
    openoffice.org is the free, opensource version
    crossover is not a suite, its a version of wine developed to run ms office

i figured i would offer both since i didn't really know what you wanted :P

cindir

Maybe dreaming here but is there a open source / "free" version that can switch between itself and word 2000 (because I edit some of my works at school and need to be able to switch back and forth), all while costing as least as possible. :-\
    I didn't see anything about abisource being able to revert back, it can only read MS files. (Can Wine or WineX itself read MS office 2000?)

thnx allz
    cindir ;D

*checks*
    my version of abiword (the latest) saves to word format
    so you're fine there.
    an even better option would be to use the Rich Text Format (.rtf) to save files between both pcs

that is good to know about Abiword. Cindir, it would be interesting to see if wine ran word 2000, though i don't believe anything that is run in wine will ever run as nicely as the thing that are run in linux, though, some run better than others.

Goodluck,

Babbing

Aaron_Adams

cindir,

openoffice is compeletely interoperable up to office xp, and from my experience has no problem changing the files back and forth. It can save files as office 2k or xp files, as well as many others.

I'd definately recommend giving it a try. It's completely free and it's easy to install.

Bogler

I have CrossOver Office installed and it's good.
    I haven't played with very much but it definately works well.. not like winex which is pretty flaky!!!

Bogler