Hi All

i am newbie to linux. just managed to install linux to my m/c for dual boot, with windows 98 (hda1). I hardly know anything about linux or unix, so would need step by step guidence.

1st problem>
i had a 40 gb hard disk. before instaling linux, i made a partition of 5GB and installed windows98 SE on it. Then while installing linux, i create around 28 gb hard disk (hda2) for the purpose of keeping my important files in windows.
then i created rest of the partitions as required for linux installation and installed linux.
then when i booted windows, i formatted the 28gb partition- fat32. put some files on it. and it worked beautifully. then i booted linux and rebooted with windows again, that partition became unusable. i repeated the exercise 3-4 times with the same results.

can anybody help me on this

plus can anybody help me configuring and testing my sound card and modem (also do anybody know any free isp which supports linux )

the link below tells my hardware configuration. please ask, if you need any other info. btw i installed linux 7.2

http://www.hp.com/cposupport/persona.../bph05321.html

thanks