Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

AA Fonts

Thread: AA Fonts

stodgel

AA Fonts

I am trying to use the anti aliasing for the fonts. I am presently using KDE 2.2.2. I tried to check the box for anti aliasing under fonts in the KDE control center, and when I rebooted I got no screen at all. It really did something screwed up. I have a GeForce 3 and the latest nVidia drivers installed. I also noted that in the KDE manual it said that you needed the Qt Toolkit, suitable fonts installed, and built in font serving capabilities of the X server. I have a lot of fonts I have OpenOffice 1.0 and I brought in all the fonts from windows, but I don't think those fonts are available system wide. I think they are only available for Open Office.
    How can I tell if I have everything I need to check that box? I'm not trying to go through what I went through before, I would kind of like to know pretty much that it's going to work when I do it.

JimH

Re:AA Fonts

Hmm, almost sounds like for some reason the nvidia drivers and AA in KDE are not getting along. I don't recall having seen anyone else report anything similar. Maybve something just with your hardware configuration.

Might check the forums on Nvidia's website and see if anyone else has posted the same problem.

Only other thing I can thing of is it doesn't like some of the fonts you installed when AA is enabled. But that seems a little strange to me.

Jim H

stodgel

Sorry. Since that happened I forgot I had re-installed Linux and the nVidia drivers. I don't know what the problem was before, but I tried the anti aliasing on the fonts and it worked just fine this time.

stodgel

I wouldn't be surprised if this gets no response. I know this is going to sound crazy, but everything was working OK when I first added the anti aliasing to the fonts. When I booted back into Linux the next morning I get no taskbar or panel. Nothing, no clock, nothing. Does anyone know what could possibly be causing this? Also when I go back into the control panel the anti aliasing box is un-checked, and it seems that I can not remove the anti aliasing at this point. I am kind of stuck here, I really need that panel.

JimH

That's a strange problem.

When you re-installed did you overwrite your /home partition?

Jim H

stodgel

No, I re-installed the first time that I had a problem with this awhile back. Actually I didn't re-install I just chose the upgrade option instead of the actual install, so I don't believe that anything was overwritten, I could be wrong but the /home partition was not overwritten. I have since switced over to Gnome, I think I will stick with it because I'm starting to like it even better than KDE.

JimH

Quote Originally Posted by stodgel
    I have since switced over to Gnome, I think I will stick with it because I'm starting to like it even better than KDE.
    Just wait until the distor's start moving to Gnome2.

Jim H