Thread: GNOME

mugs

GNOME

I have been using KDE since i started with Linux, but now I am trying out GNOME. When I try to run mozilla, I get this: Error Launching Browser window: no XBL binding for Browser. What does this mean? I am running, so far Gnome 1.4, which came with Suse 8.0. Thanks.

mugs

Re:GNOME

It looks like I found the correct file to run, but when i start it says it is an executable text file and do I want to run or view its contents. How do I get rid of that? also, I cant find my newer netscape, only 4.79, not version 6. Do I have to reinstall?

try creating a launcher to the file instead of running it thru the file browser.
    i would assume its somewhere in the right click menu on the desktop
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

mugs

That is what I did, I have it in the panel at the bottom. I still cant find my recent version of Netscape though. Thanks

im not sure where netscape 6 installs, but you might want to have a look in /usr/local/

JimH

Quote Originally Posted by mugs
    When I try to run mozilla, I get this: Error Launching Browser window: no XBL binding for Browser. What does this mean? I am running, so far Gnome 1.4, which came with Suse 8.0. Thanks.
    Never seen that error. Is this the first time you tried to run Mozilla? Did it work before under KDE? Have you checked with Suse to see if this was a bug in 8.0? What version of Mozilla?

Jim H

mugs

It ran fine in KDE, but I have since gotten it to work. I put it on the launcer bar at the bottom. Still working on a link for Netscape. But, Gnome is really great, I am going to also start using Ximian for mail, it seems much more full featured.

x0xCRIZx0x

When you say Ximian, you mean Evolution right? I hope so ;D

Just wondering, have you checked out SuSE knowledge base on their website for your questions? I remember when I installed SuSE, there were little quirks that were quite annoying (i.e. not being able to run gtk apps as root, terminal open after every boot, etc).

If you ever run into something that doesn't seem right, just give their knowledge base a look. Just a helpful hint ;D

how bout booting back into kde and looking for the path on the launcher there??

mugs

Thanks for the suggestions ch0c0b0 and Alastair. I have gotten the link for Netscape 6 to work, I had the path a little wrong. Yes, it is Evolution.