Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Chromium Runs Slow. Need to change Vendor Name...

Thread: Chromium Runs Slow. Need to change Vendor Name...

Aaron_Adams

Chromium Runs Slow. Need to change Vendor Name...

Putting Alastairs opinion aside, I'd like to play a nice game of chromium without it being slow and choppy.

Information pertaining to the subject:
    distro: slackware (meaning I don't use rpms ,lol)
    kernel: 2.4.18
    graphics card: geforce 256
    drivers: Nivida 1.0-2960

When I run Chromium the console comes up with some information on Mesa3d 4.0.2. I had this installed at one point, but because I thought it might be conflicting with openGL I did a make uninstall, and deleted what was left dangling. After that I reinstalled chromium, just to make sure it was configuring with the right libraries.

Anyway, in the chromium FAQ on their page, it says that if the name under Vendor, when chromium runs, is Brian Paul then it is using some "crappy" library. Well mine says brian paul as well as it saying it's using Mesa 4.0.2

I don't know exactly why it is still picking up Mesa if it's gone, and I'm not sure how to configure it to not use those libraries.

Anyone willing to take a crack at it, be my guest.

Thanks

JimH

Re:Chromium Runs Slow. Need to change Vendor Name...

The current XFree86 uses Mesa 3.x. It does not support 4.x. The current XFree86 CVS is using Mesa 4.x from what I understand.

Something must be left over from when you had 4.x installed. Try re-installing XFree86.

If you compiled Chromium from source when you had 4.x installled you will have to recompile it again against Mesa 3.x.

Jim H

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron_Adams
    Putting Alastairs opinion aside, I'd like to play a nice game of chromium without it being slow and choppy.
    and what opinion is this?? ??? ??? ??? ???
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

Aaron_Adams

http://www.getlinuxonline.com/yabbse...d=855;start=15

heh. Wouldn't you want it running slower???

ah
    i was looking in all the chromium threads to find it but couldn't.....
    now i see why ;D ;D ;D

[me=alastair]goes and plays chromium....[/me]
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??