Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

MySql-Php install

Thread: MySql-Php install

PatC

MySql-Php install

Working as an intern for a DSHS office. I was installing MySql, only got to the ./configure stage, it stopped at a line which looks like it states the date-time and mysqld ended. This was very shortly after conf started, looks like just after a test of the daemon. It stopped at a blank prompt and just hung until I hit enter and then returned to the root prompt. Definitely no makefile made. I'm new to linux, installed Debian in class, along with MySql and Php. Using RH 6 now because of a Token Ring nic and no other available(funds). Php installed fine, however when I did the configuring on php.ini I could not find the DirectoryIndex line mentioned on the instruction page(SitePoint's).
    I'm installing MySql 3.23.51 and Php 4.2.1.
    I'm wondering if the older RedHat could be causing some problems. Apache came from the old disc set, rpm.
    Any and all help is appreciated greatly.
    Thanks Pat

JimH

Re:MySql-Php install

Quote Originally Posted by PatC
    Using RH 6 now because of a Token Ring nic and no other available(funds).
    eeeeeek! Red Hat 6 is way too old.

What kind of Token Ring NIC is this?

Jim H

PatC

Jim, it's a Madge card. Tried a copy of RH 7 from and Unleashed book, it's compiler wouldn't do anything and the source was not on the disc. So went back to the RH 6 copy my boss had on my internship here.
    Pat

JimH

What is the make/model of this card, so I can get an idea of what supports it?

Jim H

PatC

Jim, I believe it's a Ringnode MKII. The card is in and works fine, the module for it is mtok.o from the Madge site.

JimH

Ok I see the reason you could not get RH 7 to work. There isn't a driver for it from Madge.

I see a driver for the 2.4.2 kernel only, for RH 7.1. I looks like this card may be supported "out of the box" with RH 7.2/7.3. There appears to be a driver in the 7.3 kernel for this card.

You are going to have a really hard time installing anything new on RH 6.0. I think you are going to be better off if it is possible to use 7.1 or later.

Jim H