Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Freedom, another loss for all of us
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freedom, another loss for all of us

Mentor

Freedom, another loss for all of us

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...w141707S29.DTL

You ever see TV in an Islamic country? 24 hours of someone reading the Koran. Here we will get the same show, different book!

Federal law bars nonsatellite radio stations and noncable television channels from airing certain references to sexual and excretory functions between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m., when children are most likely be tuning in.
    Sounds like forced religion to me too, good call Fatal!! Quick call the ACLU, somebody is getting sued tonight!!!!
    jro -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Linux counter#:213782
    GnuPG ID: 406238E7

Mentor
    It all started with those dirty Lawn Gnomes!

EFF = SALVATION

I honestly don't see that "time limit" as a problem, nor as an invasion of freedom. The airwaves, like it or not, are governed by the government. And yes, if you don't like whats on, you can change the station.. however, there were several instances here in the Atlanta Market a couple years ago that were over the line on morning talk radio.

The first one delt with the DJ's talking about the size of a "turd" he had left in the toilet and how it wasn't even flushable. This same DJ was later arrested and fined for attempting to "test" a toilet bowl in a busy downtown HomeDepot store (pants down around the ankles reading the paper).

there should be limits on what they can do/say on the air....

Advisor
    you have to let everyone speak Your definitions of right/wrong are different from mine, and mine are different from FE's. When you try to place arbitrary limits on SPEECH (notice i didn't say action...). You are pushing big goverment and extreme liberalism.

You know why we don't have a real KKK problem in the US anymore? Because we let them say their stupid shit... and laugh, now look at germany where ther NAZI party is outlawed, and notice... they have a lot of fucking nazi's.

Mark is a fucking hippie ;P

Mentor
    Mark will NEVER be a Hippie! Maybe soon he won't be free either!

Its the people, its the families not education their kids, its the corp/gov folks doing whatever they want, breaking whatever laws they want and getting away with it. Its the dumb folks that watch ABCNBCCBSFOX and think they know what is going on, ha, they don't know nada!

"you have to let everyone speak Your definitions of right/wrong are different from mine, and mine are different from FE's. When you try to place arbitrary limits on SPEECH (notice i didn't say action...). You are pushing big goverment and extreme liberalism." maccorin, maybe its big gov but not Liberalism. Its the cons that are trying to limit every thing and every body.

There have to be limits. With out it what is to slow stealing, rape, murder (you can't stop it, thats another topic). The extremely liberal hippies chant, "don't limit anything." Then they complain when somene steals their car, or breaks into their house, or rapes their dog.
    jro -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Linux counter#:213782
    GnuPG ID: 406238E7

Mentor
    And the conservatives want to put us all in convents!

The Libral Hippies just don't want the government or the corporations or one type of church to put up the limits.

And we are talking about knowledge or access to knowledge. Actions are another thing (the dog you mentioned) there are laws, lots and lots of laws. If you are poor the laws are enforced. If ya rich, the laws are circumvented. All the laws that prevent bad action should be enforced. I will do my own thinking about what music I listen to, books I read, TV, Internet, etc. I don't want jro to tell me what I can't do, and I don't want to tell jro what he should or should not do. We can talk about different things, suggest things to think about, read, watch, listen (no banjo music) and look at (lawn gnomes, lots of gnomes) we can agree or not, but still respect each other and work together.

Advisor
    big government vs small government is _the_ difference between liberals and conservatives. Yes I know that makes things like the patriot act a liberal bill. Bush and all of Pat Robertson's other followers just haven't realized they are liberal yet. But that doesn't mean they aren't.

Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by jro";p="6949
    There have to be limits. With out it what is to slow stealing, rape, murder (you can't stop it, thats another topic). The extremely liberal hippies chant, "don't limit anything." Then they complain when somene steals their car, or breaks into their house, or rapes their dog.
    Notices I spoke about _speech_, not _action_. Actions have the ability to cause harm and infringe upon others in a meaningful way. Speech does not.