Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

mp3 clients!???

Thread: mp3 clients!???

beatlejuice321

mp3 clients!???

Ok,

I have been using AudioGalaxy's mp3 client for Linux with great success. But since they have recently been closed down, I am now at a loss as to where to look for any good Linux mp3 clients programs!?

Anyone have any links for me?

Thanks, I appreciate it!

Beatlejuice

Re:mp3 clients!???

im assuming you mean a p2p app?
    i guess gnutella would be the most "correct" app to use under linux :P
    ive never got it working my self, but just goto freshmeat and do a search, then download a client
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

beatlejuice321

Ok,

I tried the new "gtk-gnutella" Linux client. Which uses a graphical interface supported by "X". The compile went fine (after I remembered to compile and install as root...oops).

But I wish there wasn't so much file managing work involved with using these p2p programs just for mp3's. I am still on the search for something more speedy with finding and downloading just the mp3's you want!

thanks for the help though.

Later,

Beatlejuice

any luck?

i got/installed gtk-gnutella. what do you mean "file managing". all you do i set a dir up to where you want the mp3s to got to, and within that, a partials dir. no biggie :P ;D

beatlejuice321

I just meant that gnutella as most other P2P programs (ie...Limewire, KaZaa, and the like), are great for software file sharing like movies and programs. But if you want somthing simple and quick for just MP3's (like I previously mentioned-the late AudioGalaxy) there really isn't much out there.

I have been using gtk-gnutella for my MP3's, but I have noticed that I consistantly get extremely slow downloads. I also get duplicate files (when you use the "select multiple files" option; set by default, to accelerate downloads), this feature is supposed to combine similar files to prevent this problem, but most files are slightly labeled differently causing the problem with duplicate songs in your download directory. Uugh!

Note: I am not saying these P2P programs "suck", just that I think we can do better with these types of problems with better software design. As many older programs can attest to (Napster, AudioGalaxy, etc...). But perhaps the problem with easier, faster, and more efficient MP3 P2P programs, is that the popularity of these programs creates easy targets for law suits, as in both the previously mention cases. Leaving us with less efficient methods (and more work) for acquiring those MP3's your looking for.

Whew, that took longer to type than I thought. Sorry about that lengthy explanation.

Later,

Beatlejuice