Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Syncing Windows CE with linux box

Thread: Syncing Windows CE with linux box

Syncing Windows CE with linux box

Hi.

This is probably a very esoteric quesiton, but people on GLO are so knowledgable!

I have a Windows CE handheld computer and a linux box. I want to be able to transfer diary appointments from the handheld to the linux box It doesn't have to sync as such- I'd be happy enough just to be able to transfer a file from the little sucker to the other one.

Pocket Outlook doesn't even let you copy its database file to another location.

Can anyone make any suggestions about possible CE programs which will allow export of appointments?

THanks

Keith

JimH

Re:Syncing Windows CE with linux box

eeeeeek! A windoze question on a Linux forum. :P

I have no idea. Have any luck with a google search?

Jim H

Re:Syncing Windows CE with linux box

Hi Jim,

I've done several Google searches. I've found a couple of projects that seem to have been abandoned which aimed to allow linux to import data from the WinCE programs. It looks like people have started and decided it's too hard!

Several linux apps alow syncing with Palm OS (incl. Evolution) but I havne't found any that do the same for wince... maybe that's why it's called wince!

I'm thinking if I can get some sort of calendar app that runs on wince but actually uses an exportable file format, that would probably do the trick. I suppose I could try running the Win sync apps under wine on my linux box, but I don't have a real lot of faith in wine to always do the job..

I'll keep plugging away at it.

Keith