Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

how do i remove a immutable file from reiserfs

Thread: how do i remove a immutable file from reiserfs

LiNuts

how do i remove a immutable file from reiserfs

was in the middle of compiling a new opera version, when there was a power cut. Now i find that a couple of files have been left over from my old opera version, namely opera6.adr and a dir called vcache4, which i cannot delete.
    I have tried renaming and chmoding chowning moving, but cannot delete them, I did a Google search, and apparently they are now immutable (?). Is there a way i can either change the attributes ( as in ext2 - chattr ) in reiserfs, so i can get rid of them.
    Cheers
    LiNuts

JimH

Re:how do i remove a immutable file from reiserfs

Did you try running reiserfsck on the drive/partition?

Might want to look at the manpage for reiserfsck. I have never used the reiser filesystem.

Jim H

LiNuts

Quote Originally Posted by JimH
    Did you try running reiserfsck on the drive/partition?

Might want to look at the manpage for reiserfsck. I have never used the reiser filesystem.

Jim H
    Hi Jim,
    I fixed it , i dropped to single user unmounted the partitions, then ran reiserfsck --rebuild-tree.

There were a few bad inodes, and it fixed them all,
    Cheers
    LiNuts

JimH

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuts
    There were a few bad inodes, and it fixed them all,
    Hmm, I would think reiserfs would fix those automatically after a improper shutdown. ext3 does.

Jim H

LiNuts

Yeah thats what i thought, didn't happen though. I was wondering if it is possible to convert from reiserfs to ext3 without having to compress and transfer the data,( limited /h/d space.)

As i'm using the 2.4.18 kernel, its got ext3 ready to go..
    Cheers
    LiNuts

JimH

Quote Originally Posted by LiNuts
    I was wondering if it is possible to convert from reiserfs to ext3
    There isn't a way to do this non-destructively.

Jim H