Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
Highpoint Tech HPT374 RAID Controller and Linux

Thread: Highpoint Tech HPT374 RAID Controller and Linux

erazor1911

Highpoint Tech HPT374 RAID Controller and Linux

On my PC running XP on an Abit AT7, I tryed unsuccessfully to install Mandrake 8.2, Suse 8.0 and Red Hat 7.3.

None of these distibutions can recognise the Highpoint RAID controller, and so no hard disks are detected.

Highpoint claims that their hardware is Linux Ready, and they give on their website a driver which should get the job done for the HPT374 under Red Hat. I tryed to use this too, and it wasn't more succesfull than the previous tries.

If someone has an idea of what to do to get Linux up and running on my config, please let me know.

JimH

Re:Highpoint Tech HPT374 RAID Controller and Linux

The 372 and 374 controllers are unsupported under Linux using Open Source drivers. :'(

There are binary drivers on Highpoints website for Red Hat 7.0 and 7.1. I looked at them they are worthless. They are for kernels that were updated because of security flaws among other things.

Jim H