Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
suse 8.0 downloaded and ... ?!

Thread: suse 8.0 downloaded and ... ?!

wang

suse 8.0 downloaded and ... ?!

Hi !

How do you create a CD kit from the directory structure downloaded from ftp.suse.com ? There are no isos there (almost, that is). There is a boot.iso of a size which suggests nothing to me.

Can anyone help ?

x0xCRIZx0x

Re:suse 8.0 downloaded and ... ?!

As far as I know, SuSE does not provide iso images of their distribution (please read this link: http://sdb.suse.de/sdb/en/html/lmuel..._internet.html

Creating the cds from the mirrors would not be possible, as there's no way to know where the packages would be (i.e. how they are indexed and arranged). Usually, the first cd contains the information on where packages can be found. This is not available (unless you have the actual suse cds).
    You're best best would be an ftp install (I assume you have the bandwidth if you're willing to download all of the packages).