Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

samba swat and 7.3 redhat

Thread: samba swat and 7.3 redhat

doggiebone

samba swat and 7.3 redhat

Hi guys

just a quick one. I cant seem to get swat to work in my browser :-\ However I have read there is bug in the tcpwrappers if memory servers me right.

If anyone has got swat to work with redhat 7.3 2.4.18.4 kernel
    please let me know. Currently using webmin but would like to use swat, just seems more user friendly.

JimH

Re:samba swat and 7.3 redhat

Red Hat disables unecessary services by default. This makes for a more secure install for newbies.

Edit the file /etc/xinetd.d/swat set "disable = no"

Jim H

doggiebone

hi jim

thing I noticed when i looked in the etc/xinetd.d/swat the swat file does not exist do I need to compile swat and install it? I'm using samba 2.2.3a but its not configured yet.

JimH

If that file doesn't exist then you don't have swat installed.

$ rpm -q samba-swat
    samba-swat-2.2.3a-6

Jim H

doggiebone

hi jim

thats my problem, I'll look into installing swat. when samba is installed, do i have to go into the samba folder and put the arguments you gave me?

JimH

Quote Originally Posted by doggiebone
    hi jim

thats my problem, I'll look into installing swat. when samba is installed, do i have to go into the samba folder and put the arguments you gave me?
    Yes, you still have to edit /etc/xinetd.d/swat

Jim H

doggiebone

hi jim

configured the etc/xinetd.d/swat file. After installing samba-swat-2.2.3a-6.

I entered http://localhost:901/ I get the "an error occrured while loading http://localhost:901/: could not connect to the host localhost (port 901)

I'm kinda stumped

:-[ :-[

JimH

You have to restart xinetd after editing any files in /etc/xinetd.d.

/sbin/service xinetd restart

Jim H

doggiebone

Hi jim

I downloaded samba-2.2.4 and installed samba-swat it seems to be working now, I just need to get the login right ;D

thx again for your help