Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

KonCD

Thread: KonCD

mugs

KonCD

When I try to burn a CD, I hit calculate for the space...I get this message:

Could not start mkisofs !

Either that or the program bombs.

Spot

Re:KonCD

I believe you'll have to start it as root first, and set up user perms before a normal user has access to it.

mugs

I did that now and I got past that same error message, but when I go to actually burn it crashes and gives me Signal 11 SIGSEGV????

mugs

I sent an email to Suse about this and here is the reply I got:

> Many thanks for your enquiry to SuSE Installation Support.
    >
    > You wrote:
    > > Hi, hopefully you can help me with this question. I am trying to use
    > > KonCD. Every time I try to burn a CD it crashes and gives me signal
    > > 11. What can I do? Thanks.
    >
    > HINT: Have you done a YaST Online Update?
    >
    > I also got a crash when testing KonCD so I used xcdroast instead. Works
    > perfectly fine for me, so perhaps it is worth trying out too?

WHAT kind of an answer is that? I figured they would be able to provide better support than that?

JimH

LOL. Actually that reply isn't very funny. That reply would indicate to me that you are not the only one having problems with it under Suse 8.0.

I have not tried it at all on my Red Hat box.

Jim H

mugs

I agree, but what do you recommend using to burn CDs? Kind of hope it isnt something I have to install, since my success rate with that is only about 20% so far.

It seems to me they would try to fix the problem...

I have tried it on my redhat box and i get the same thing, that sigserv 11.

go into the console and use cdrecord. that is what i use
    8)

JimH

Quote Originally Posted by mugs
    I agree, but what do you recommend using to burn CDs?
    I use eroaster.

Note: any GUI cdwriter software use in Linux are just frontend's for cdrecord, mkisofs, etc... They all use the same backends to burn cd's.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/eroaster/

Jim H