Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

installing mandrake 8.2

Thread: installing mandrake 8.2

jrock97nc

installing mandrake 8.2

:-[ hey guys im new to the linux thing. so bear with me. i run windows xp, my hard drive is partitioned 40g and 40 g. when i try to install linux i get "kernel panic:attempt to kill" what does that mean any help would be great thanks.

JimH

Re:installing mandrake 8.2

When do you see that error? Could you post specific details about the hardware you are trying to install on. Knowing what hardware you have will be big help to us in trying to find out what the problem might be.

Jim H

jrock97nc

Quote Originally Posted by JimH
    When do you see that error? Could you post specific details about the hardware you are trying to install on. Knowing what hardware you have will be big help to us in trying to find out what the problem might be.

Jim H
    hey thanks for the reply.. it dosent say error it just says "kernel panic:attempt to kill. it says it after i insert the cd and boot it from the cd rom i get the 2 options to either press f1 or enter, when i press enter theres about half a page of script then on the bottom it says the kernel thing. my hard drive is partitioned into 2 40 gb sections..my aol screename is boboroberts

JimH

Quote Originally Posted by jrock97nc
    hey thanks for the reply.. it dosent say error it just says "kernel panic:attempt to kill.
    It may not say "error" , but it is an error. "kernel panic" essentially means the kernel has crashed.

If you need quicker help. The best way is the IRC channel. Join the #glo channel at irc.getlinuxonline.com. Well quicker hellp if someone is there. :P

Jim H