Thread: mandrake 8.2 questions

mandrake 8.2 questions

I have been away from my Linux mandrake box for a while. I had been using mandrake 8.0.
    my question is, how is Mandrake 8.2. I just ordered the CD's and am going to load it up as soon as it comes in. Mandrake 8.0 loaded on my machine with no problems before. I am sure the 8.2 distro will load with no problems also.
    Has anyone running this distro seen any new problems with it that I should possibley know about?
    ;D

Re: mandrake 8.2 questions

It's great... My parents computer runs it without problems, but the booting time is HORRIBLE. I dunno what's causing it, but it's much worse than Windows. If you just need a Users Linux then I would go with Lycoris Desktop LX (www.lycoris.com).

I have been away from my Linux mandrake box for a while. I had been using mandrake 8.0.
    my question is, how is Mandrake 8.2. I just ordered the CD's and am going to load it up as soon as it comes in. Mandrake 8.0 loaded on my machine with no problems before. I am sure the 8.2 distro will load with no problems also.
    Has anyone running this distro seen any new problems with it that I should possibley know about?
    ;D
    I have tried it and found that a fresh install of the Mandrake 8.2 will speed things up. Over all it is simple install and very few bugs to speak of. :P

It's great... My parents computer runs it without problems, but the booting time is HORRIBLE. I dunno what's causing it, but it's much worse than Windows. If you just need a Users Linux then I would go with Lycoris Desktop LX (www.lycoris.com).
    My 8.2 boots quite fast - far faster than my Windows 98 box at work. Of course I dumped that aweful GUI boot screen and just use a plain text boot....

I love 8.2. I have been using Mandrake since 7.1, having come over from RedHat 6.0. I really can find nothing to complain about on my system. The install is simple, the included programs are wonderful, and the system is pretty much ready to use right-out-of-the-box.

Thanks for the inputs.
    I can't wait for the mail man to bring my new Mandy disks.

Thanks

Navy