Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Hard drive moving

Thread: Hard drive moving

ciaran

Hard drive moving

If I take a hard drive from an existing linux box, and connect it as a slave on a different box, can I access it, (I am the superuser, and have the same password on both boxes), when i tried this i could not see the files I want to copy.I could mount the drive /dev/hdc Ok.
    Is this impossible, or is thier some tip I should Know setting up the drives ?

Regards

Ciaran.

Spot

Re:Hard drive moving

You should be able to without too much hassle, just make sure you know the filesystem type and partition structure before you try to mount anything.

JimH

Like Spot said this will work fine.

You mounted the drive, but you cannot see the files you want to copy? Are you sure you mounted the right partition?

Jim H

are you mounting "/dev/hdc" or something like /dev/hdc1?
    you also have to specify the partition number, 1,2,3 etc.
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??