Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Star Office 5.2

Thread: Star Office 5.2

mugs

Star Office 5.2

I just installed Suse 8.0 and installed and used Star Office a couple of times. This morning when I went to use SO again, it told me it wasnt installed and I had to insall again. Why and how could this happen? I am very new to Linux, after using Windows for many years.

JimH

Re:Star Office 5.2

That's strange. Unless as a newbie you accidently uninstalled it with realizing it.

How come you are not using the newer and much improved OpenOffice 1.0?

http://www.openoffice.org

Jim H

mugs

I guess it is possible I deleted it, although I am not sure how to do that, unless it is in Yast2, which I didnt go into since installing it. Oh well.

I wasnt familiar with openoffice, but I will try it out. thanks.

I still need to find out how to install these tarballs....

openoffice.org _is_ staroffice, sun released the code to the open source community (bless them :P :P) before closing the 6.0 line and charging for it.
    I know what i would take......
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

JimH

Quote Originally Posted by alastair
    openoffice.org _is_ staroffice, sun released the code to the open source community (bless them :P :P) before closing the 6.0 line and charging for it.
    I know what i would take......
    Actually StarOffice 6.0 contains features not present in OpenOffice 1.0, but they are both based on the same source code.

Jim H

Open Office is light years ahead of SO5.2, except it doesn't have database or email. Other wise iit has all the features of SO 5.2, plus it uses trut type fonts. The biggest bug-bear I had with SO 5.1 and 5.2 was trying to get fonts to work properly, but that's all fixed.

There are a few minor bugs to be worked out, but mostly OO is brilliant!