Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Linux newbie installing Apache - cannot find libmm.so.11

Thread: Linux newbie installing Apache - cannot find libmm.so.11

Hybrid View

JohanPe

Linux newbie installing Apache - cannot find libmm.so.11

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to linux. I use SUSE 8.0. I have to investigate the possibility to replace MS exchange server with a linux alternative. I found a howto (postfix-cyrus-Web-cyradmin-howto on http://www.delouw.ch/linux) which needs apache with php for the graphic interface. I downloaded the apache compile howto from the same site) and was following it. All went well untill I had to run make to install apache...

It gave the error:
    gcc -DLINUX=22 -I/usr/include/db1 -DMOD_SSL=208108 -DMOD_PERL -DUSE_PERL_SSI -fno-strict-aliasing -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DUSE_HSREGEX -DEAPI -DEAPI_MM -DUSE_EXPAT -I../lib/expat-lite `../apaci` -L/usr/local/mm-1.1.3/.libs -o gen_test_char gen_test_char.o -lm -lcrypt -ldb1 -rdynamic -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i586-linux/CORE /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i586-linux/auto/DynaLoader/DynaLoader.a -L/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i586-linux/CORE -lperl -lnsl -ldl -lm -lc -lcrypt -lutil -lmm -ldl
    ./gen_test_char >test_char.h
    ./gen_test_char: error while loading shared libraries: libmm.so.11: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    make[3]: *** [test_char.h] Error 127
    make[2]: *** [subdirs] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/apache_1.3.24/src'
    make[1]: *** [build-std] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/apache_1.3.24'
    make: *** [build] Error 2

As far as I can read what is says is that it can't find the file libmm.so.11. When I run whereis libmm.so.11 I get /usr/local/lib/libmm.so.11 and I found the file also in /usr/local/mm-1.1.3/.libs
    I ran configure as mentioned in the howto with:
    EAPI_MM="/usr/local/mm-1.1.3" SSL_BASE="/usr/local/ssl" \
    ./configure \
    --enable-module=unique_id \
    --enable-module=rewrite \
    --enable-module=speling \
    --enable-module=expires \
    --enable-module=info \
    --enable-module=log_agent \
    --enable-module=log_referer \
    --enable-module=usertrack \
    --enable-module=proxy \
    --enable-module=userdir \
    --enable-module=so \
    --enable-shared=ssl \
    --enable-module=ssl \
    --activate-module=src/modules/perl/libperl.a \
    --enable-module=perl

It gave no errors. When I run make I get the error mentioned before... I think it's a little thing I do wrong - or that's mentioned wrong in the howto.
    I tried changing the path to
    EAPI_MM="/usr/local/lib" SSL_BASE="/usr/local/ssl" \
    without changing the rest of the configure command, but that gave me :
    Configure:Error: Cannot find MM library under /usr/local/lib
    changing the path to
    EAPI_MM="/usr/local/mm-1.1.3/.libs" \ SSL_BASE="/usr/local/ssl" \
    also without changing the rest of the configure command but that gave me:
    Configure:Error: Cannot find MM library under /usr/mm/mm-1.1.3/.libs

Can anybody please help me?

Thanks in advance!
    Johan

JohanPe

Re:Linux newbie installing Apache - cannot find libmm.so.11

I 've got an answer on my question on another forum:
    I had to run ldconfig -v

It passes this point now, but gets stuck on another file: nmdb.h

===> src/modules/standard
    gcc -c -I../.. -I/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i586-linux/CORE -I/usr/local/mm-1.1.3 -I../../os/unix -I../../include -DLINUX=22 -I/usr/include/db1 -DMOD_SSL=208108 -DMOD_PERL -DUSE_PERL_SSI -fno-strict-aliasing -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DUSE_HSREGEX -DEAPI -DEAPI_MM -DUSE_EXPAT -I../../lib/expat-lite `../../apaci` mod_rewrite.c
    In file included from mod_rewrite.c:93:
    mod_rewrite.h:133: ndbm.h: No such file or directory
    make[4]: *** [mod_rewrite.o] Error 1
    make[3]: *** [all] Error 1
    make[2]: *** [subdirs] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/apache_1.3.24/src'
    make[1]: *** [build-std] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/apache_1.3.24'
    make: *** [build] Error 2

this file is on my system in the directory /usr/include/db1
    I tried the same thing (ldconfig -v) but it's magic was gone - it didn't work anymore...

Any idea how to resolve this?
    Johan

JimH

Since you are new to Linux, I think it would be easier for you to install the pre-compiled version of Apache that comes with Suse 8.0.

Jim H

JohanPe

That would indeed be the easiest way... were it not that i'm in probation and need to get a mailserver up and running I would go for that!

I'm following the above mentioned howto and it's installing the apache webserver explicitly from source - maybe because it would not install a few modules that it needs from binary????

Please try... I'm only playing around in Linux for a month - but it's a month fulltime! It's just that there's so much to learn and I don't have the feeling that I know a lot about linux...

Please :-[
    Johan

JimH

From the output you posted it looks to me like it is going to be a problem in the source code. It is possible that the code is looking for the file somewhere other then where it is installed on your system. With seeing the code from mod_rewrite.h I can't say exactly what the problem is.

You say you have the file /usr/include/db1/ndbm.h?

From the output you posted /usr/include/db1 is being searched.
    gcc -c -I../.. -I/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i586-linux/CORE -I/usr/local/mm-1.1.3 -I../../os/unix -I../../include -DLINUX=22 -I/usr/include/db1
    Check again and make sure you have ndbm.h.

Jim H

JohanPe

I do have nmdb.

underneath is a listing of the directory /usr/include/db1...

linux:/usr/include/db1 # ls
    . .. db.h mpool.h ndbm.h

I allready thought it was checking this directory (after studying the error code for hours...), but I wasn't sure...

Do I have to do something with this file ?

Johan

JimH

[qoute]
    In file included from mod_rewrite.c:93:
    mod_rewrite.h:133: ndbm.h: No such file or directory
    Look at line number 133 in mod_rewrite.h and see in what directory it is looking for ndbm.h.

Just for reference on my Red Hat 7.3 box, ndbm.h is located in two different places. The same file name is used by two different packages.

$ locate ndbm.h
    /usr/include/db1/ndbm.h
    /usr/include/gdbm/ndbm.h
    /usr/i386-glibc21-linux/include/db1/ndbm.h

]$ rpm -qf /usr/include/gdbm/ndbm.h
    gdbm-devel-1.8.0-14

]$ rpm -qf /usr/include/db1/ndbm.h
    db1-devel-1.85-8

Do you have the gdbm-devel package installed maybe this is the file it is looking for and not the one in /usr/include/db1.

Jim H

JohanPe

YES !!!!!!!

That was it, gdbm-devel was not installed and it needed that nmdb.h file!.

Manny thanks Jim !!! 8)

Johan

JimH

Cooooooool! 8) ;D

Jim H