Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Joystick - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joystick

mugs

Re:Joystick

New development. The joystick now works. I didnt do anything, though. I had a similar problem in Windows, sometimes it was recognized, sometimes not. I thought it was a Windows problem, but I guess not.

Now, how do I get the game pad to work?

Thanks. :P

JimH

Quote Originally Posted by mugs
    0x4a9/0x220c
    04a9 Canon Inc.

Must be your scanner? I can't find the device ID.

0x3f0/0x3302
    03f0 Hewlett-Packard

I assume that is a printer. I can't locate the device ID for it either.

Good thing your joystick fixed itself We still have found the devcie ID for it yet.

Jim H

mugs

Any ideas on the game pad?

The printer works, though...

I will have to see how long the joystick works, maybe it will be better than in windows.

Where do you look up those device ids?

Thanks for all of your help.

I still wish I could get the scanner to work.

mugs

Oh, 1 more thing, JimH...

When I tried to open the messages file, it said I didnt have the right to, so I had to log out and log back in as root. Is that the correct procedure?

What is the best way to do the above when I seem to have to log in as root?

thats right, only root can read the log files
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

JimH

Quote Originally Posted by mugs
    Any ideas on the game pad?
    Not yet. What kind of gamepad was it?

Where do you look up those device ids?
    http://www.linux-usb.org
    Although sometimes I will just look at the source code for the driver. Sometimes both.

I still wish I could get the scanner to work.
    I don't think that is going to happen. :'( Just to new a scanner. Until the hardware makers start supporting linux better driver development is going to lag. :'( Send Canon support an e-mail and ask/request Linux drivers.

Jim H

mugs

It is a Microsoft Sidewinder game pad, about 6 years old or so.

I will contact Canon, thanks.