Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

No respond on Mouse/keyboard after installation

Thread: No respond on Mouse/keyboard after installation

pwychan

No respond on Mouse/keyboard after installation

Hi All,

I got a very strange problem. I have successfully installed Red hat 7.2 before but got a strange problem when I tried to install on IBM Aptiva(P2-266 96M ram).
    During installation, everything seems to be normal, I chose generic 2-button for mouse, PC-101 for keyboard. Both mouse and keyboard worked fine during installation. When the installation finished, I reboot the machine. After the login screen showed up, the keyboard and mouse became no respond!
    I tried to boot up the machine with boot disc (created during installion), I started the machine to single user mode then used the command 'setup' to re-configure the mouse and keyboard to some other value, but no use.
    Any idea?
    I tried to re-installed 3 times but the results were the same.
    For your info, I chose KDE during the installation and I am tring to install it again with GNOME.
    Hope someone can give me some help. Thanks in advance.

Patrick

JimH

Re:No respond on Mouse/keyboard after installation

Are these PS/2 mouse and keyboard?

You have keyboard in console mode, but not in X?

I remember seeing some reports of this happening when 7.2 first came out. Most of the rports I believe were for USB keyboards/mice.

Jim H

pwychan

Yes, I am using PS/2 mouse and keyboard.
    They are not working in X only.

pwychan

I tried 3 different brands of mouse and result are the same.
    Then I tried a serial mouse and it works now (both keyboard and mouse)!
    So strange... think I will continue my work with the serial mouse now but it will be very nice if someone can tell me
    what the problem was and if there is any solution to fix this problem so that PS/2 mouse and be used.

JimH

Quote Originally Posted by pwychan
    Then I tried a serial mouse and it works now (both keyboard and mouse)!
    So strange... think I will continue my work with the serial mouse now but it will be very nice if someone can tell me
    what the problem was and if there is any solution to fix this problem so that PS/2 mouse and be used.
    That is strange. update your system with the the available errata and see if it cures your problem with using the PS/2 devices.

Jim H

pwychan

:-[
    Could you tell me where to download errata?

JimH

Do you have a high speed internet connection? Depending upon what you have installed there are a bunch of updates for 7.2. It would take a long time to update with a dial-up connection. :'(

The easiest way for you do download them is to use up2date.
    Look under the System menu for Update Agent.

You have to register with the Red Hat network first. The update service is free for one system.

Or even better upgrade to RH 7.3 if possible.

Jim H