Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Pad yer posts here!

johnqpublic

Re:Pad yer posts here!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!modprobe.

mugs

Brand new, but lovin Linux, hope to get away from MS as much as I can. And this is coming from a Microsoft Certified Pro!

Spot

Quote Originally Posted by mugs
    Brand new, but lovin Linux, hope to get away from MS as much as I can. And this is coming from a Microsoft Certified Pro!
    LOL...remind me to tell you my MCSE story sometime

mugs

Ok, this is your reminder...

Spot

Ok, I have a couple of minutes now, so here goes...

I had a deal a while back with my sister's puter. She wanted more ram installed. Her husband took it to his "MCSE Certified buddy(TM)" that he worked with to have it done.

"MCSE Certified buddy(TM)" proceded to drop a screwdriver into the case, frying the motherboard (the power was still on). He ended up replacing the mobo...at their expense of course, but they finally got the machine back.

I was at their place a couple of weeks later. My sis was complaining that she was no longer getting any sound from audio cds. I peered through one of the open slots in the back of the case - sure enough - there was the audio cable from the cdrom just dangling there.
    So I grab a screwdiver to get into the case to re-attach the cable and what do I find...
    Seems "MCSE Certified buddy(TM)" had lost the case screws so he F***ING POP-RIVETED THE CASE SHUT.
    35 minutes, a trip to the hardware store, a rechargable drill, and a migraine later, she had cd audio working once again.
    I told her if she ever does something like that again, that's I'd charge her $45/hour(+ parts)to fix it next time...just like the "MCSE Certified buddy(TM)" had.

So just remember...certs don't mean jack as far as real knowledge and brains go. Might as well use them to line the bird cage.

mugs

Great story. And, I agree, that paper certification means nothing. I have some decent knowledge and experience to go with my certification. But, I really want to get off Windows and go with Linux as much as possible. Right now I feel like I did in '94 when I used Win 3.1 for the first time.

johnqpublic

BUMP!

excuse me
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

beanman2k

Post number two for me. I can relate to what mugs is going through. I think Winduds turned me into an idiot. It just took a few years. Hope I can be a contributor to this forum as I learn. ;D

JimH

Quote Originally Posted by beanman2k
    Post number two for me.
    WOW!! A couple more posts and you will catch up to me.

Jim H