Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

XINE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XINE

XINE

i wanted to play a DVD in XINE, which i assume is possible, but i got he following error message:

-xine engine error-
    there is no available input plug in available to handle 'xine-ui version 0.9.8

do i have to configure it or something?

Re:XINE

what have you installed??
    just xine-libs?

heres some instructions that i follow to get it working (thx, Spot)
    http://aviationnews.co.nz/xine.txt
    also, the other files, so save u the stress of finding them
    http://aviationnews.co.nz/xine_d4d_plugin-0.2.7.tar.gz
    http://aviationnews.co.nz/divx4linux-20010718.zip
    http://aviationnews.co.nz/w32codec-0.60.tar.bz2

just follow the instructions step by step

Alastair
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

cool, i will do that as soon as i get home from work

ill delete the files in a few hrs, so anyone else that wants them, get in quick

Delete them?? i won't get back from work until sunday morning. (night shift at the Boston Globe, someone has to make sure the sunday paper gets out)

ok, ill leave them on for a week

sweet

tehehe
    ;D ;D ;D
    someone (hi aragorn) might want to consider a more permant home for them
    [me=alastair]looks at the help section[/me]

Bogler

I went through the instructions sent by Spot and go xine to start up but without the d4d plugin.

I tried all weekend with this. I defo installed the plugin, generated the rpm from the script etc but no joy.

Finally in my desperation i installed the rpm and hey presto runs like a dream, i am REALLY impressed by what the guys at xine are achieving! I played my encrypted "Deep Blue Sea2 with no problems and the sound was amazing.

I have been trying to get xine to work on my system for months and now i finally have it and it rocks.

Bogler ;D ;D

Spot's instructions are those ones up there ^^^ (not by spot, just sourced by him)