Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Questions...
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions...

iansl

Questions...

1. How do you install Mandrake 8.2?

2. Can you run Windoze applications on Linux?

3. If you can, do you have to have Windows on your PC or do you have to have an emulator (like macs have) or can you just do it without Win or Emu?

iansl

Re:Questions...

Oh, and another question. Okay 2.

1. Does LM 5.3's FIPS work?

2. Is a partitioner built into LM 8.2?

pop the cd in and follow the prompts
    2. Can you run Windoze applications on Linux?
    not natively
    3. If you can, do you have to have Windows on your PC or do you have to have an emulator (like macs have) or can you just do it without Win or Emu?
    u can use wine - http://codeweavers.com
    or a vm, http://vmware.com or win4lin http://www.netraverse.com/products/index.php

wine can use an existing windows install, or it makes its own, the vms use a full install

Alastair
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

JimH

Quote Originally Posted by iansl
    http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/doc/82/en/user.html/

Does LM 5.3's FIPS work?
    I have no idea what you are referring too. :P

2. Is a partitioner built into LM 8.2?
    Yes

Jim H

we make a good team, JimH :P :P :P

JimH

Quote Originally Posted by alastair
    we make a good team, JimH :P :P :P
    ;D

Jim H

heh, why would you want to run windoze on a linux machine anyways? a hint to learning linux fast, don't have windows anywhere near you. it forces you to learn. Also, i here WINE is the way to go as far as a windoze emulator. but you wouldn't run all of windows as far as i know, just windows apps. i bet Jim knows more

you're right there,
    i used to runa copy of VM ware on my computer - a duron 800 with 320mb of ram, and win 95 struggled to load!
    98 was just unbearable
    i don't need any windows apps that i know of, so i just have wine on my computer for the hell of it, just to see what will and won't run

iansl

I don't know what you're talking about.
    In Linux Mandrake 5.3, there is a FIPS DOS partitioner. Does it work, or is it phony software?

JimH

Quote Originally Posted by babbing
    Also, i here WINE is the way to go as far as a windoze emulator.
    WINE actually stands for:

Wine is not an emulator.
    | | | |
    W i n e

Jim H