Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

How can i remove this file !

Thread: How can i remove this file !

LiNuts

How can i remove this file !

I am using Libranet 1.9.1, and when i go to use apt-get or dpkg i get this message :

reading database: dpkg error processing <package> (--install):
    unable to open files list file for package 'korganizer': permission denied.
    errors were encountered while processing <package>.
    processing was halted because there were too many errors.

There is a file in /var/lib/dpkg/info called korganizer.list, but i cannot remove it, even as root i get a permission denied message.

As it stands at the moment i can neither add or remove any packages. Is there a way i can delete or at least move this file.
    All help greatly appreciated. ( I dont want to do a re-install, but if i cant find a way around this then i probably will have to)

Cheers
    LiNuts

Re:How can i remove this file !

whats the permissions on the file?
    try doing a chmod o+rw <file>
    then try delete ir
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

LiNuts

Quote Originally Posted by alastair
    whats the permissions on the file?
    try doing a chmod o+rw <file>
    then try delete ir
    I cant even look at it, i tried pico - vim and a host of other editors, but i get the same"permission denied error"

"edit": I just tried the chmod and got permission denied agaian ???
    Cheers
    LiNuts

LiNuts

I have been doing a bit of revision on chmod, and found that if the file has a 0 (zero) it means that it has no permissions at all, does that mean no one can change the file or does it mean that anyone can change it.

I tried to look at the attributes on it with lsattr korganizer.list. but it wont even let look at it.

Ive noticed that if i do a locate or find on the file it says its in /var/lib/dpkg/info. but when i do an ls -al in the info dir its not there,

Unless i can get this figured out, it looks like a re-install job, I wouldn't mind except that i have downloaded some decent changes, and as i have a dial-up connection, its going to be a pain in backside to have to re-download it all again.
    Cheers
    LiNuts

JimH

Try booting single user mode and see if it helps. Have you tried renaming or moving the file before you try and delete it?

I haven't had a problem with one of the zero byte files in a long time. I can't remember how to delete them. :'( I know there is a way to do it. While you are in single user mode you might aslo run fsck on the drive or partition.

Jim H

a ha!
    try this, i had a few permission denied errors a shory while ago
    check the parmissions of the _parent_ folder, that will be info/
    i should have the x attribute.
    if it doesn't, do a chmod a+x info on the folder and try again

Alastair
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

LiNuts

Thats one of the things i tried before, the folder permissions were o.k. as i could edit all the files in info except korganizer.list.

Ah well i guess i'll bite the bullet and do a re-install >

Thanks for all the help, be back in a couple of hours :

Cheers
    LiNuts