Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
Suse 7.0 socket library

Thread: Suse 7.0 socket library

TaraMc

Suse 7.0 socket library

I am currently trying to write a small distributed application.
    Being new to unix/linux i dilegently read up on the difference between the tcp and datagram sockets. I have an example of a tcp socket which I am trying to compile on suse 7.0, however when I try to compile the code as suggested:-
    (cc server.c -o server -lsocket) the compiler says it does not recognise this library. I have been assured by the person who gave me the code to look at that it works fine on mandrake, does Suse have anothe name for this library??
    Any perls of wisdom would be much appreciated.

JimH

Re:Suse 7.0 socket library

Well I found what appears to be the libsocket homepage. It is no longer maintained.

http://www.phekda.freeserve.co.uk/ri.../lsck/lsck.htm

Most of the things I found related to it are really old. I can't even find a libsocket package for any Red Hat version newer then 5.1. :P

I haven't been able to find another package that provides the same function yet.

One of GLO's members, Aaron_Adams, is into Linux network programming he will probably know the answer. ;D Aaron where are you?

Jim H