Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Upon installation of Valhalla

Thread: Upon installation of Valhalla

Upon installation of Valhalla

i just upgraded to valhalla. now the ethernet card has become disabled and i can't get it enabled. it tells me that it can't enable it. i try to add it in manually and i can't find my brand in the menu. what can i do? not having the internet sucks

Spot

Re:Upon installation of Valhalla

It's possible that you might be able to ID the main chipset on the card. SInce you haven't mentioned what NIC it is, we can't really go any further at the moment.

it is RTL8139 chipset. the ethernet controller is accton tech corp. SMC2-1211TX. it is a EN-1207D fast etherner adapter. what can we do for this?

Spot

Quote Originally Posted by babbing
    it is RTL8139 chipset. the ethernet controller is accton tech corp. SMC2-1211TX. it is a EN-1207D fast etherner adapter. what can we do for this?
    There's a kernel module for that chipset, 8139too.o. I'm suprised it's not already loaded and working.
    can you please paste the output of the following commands:
    cat /etc/modules.conf
    and
    /sbin/lsmod

btw, I'm removing the other topic, since this is the same thing. In the future, please don't post about the same thing to different forums. It's just not necessary. Readers will see your posts.

lol so here is the deal.....
    i think i figured out why the upgrade went poorly. my theory is that not all of my errata was up to date for enigma. so when i upgrade to valhalla, it fucked it all up. i noticed a significant lack in manus in the KDE menu. i got fed up to i just reinstalled the whole friggin thing and all is well. everyting auto configed and i was going, plus i had a shitload more options and menus in the kde menu. let this be a lesson, i think.

JimH

That should not have happened regardless of whether or not your system was up to date. Sounds like maybe Red Hat didn't take that into account when they were testing the installer for 7.3.

Jim H