Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
sound card on a compaq laptop

Thread: sound card on a compaq laptop

flandercan

sound card on a compaq laptop

Ok, im getting a bit brave, i have installed suse 7.1 onto my laptop now slowly converting all systems to linux:-)

I have a problem with the sound card, it is an ess 1878 audiodrive and suse has the driver, however when i try to install i recieve an error telling me to install ASLA, i have check this and i do have it installed, to be on the safe side i uninstalled it and reinstalled it but i get the same error.

Any idea's ?

thanks
    Paul

Spot

Re:sound card on a compaq laptop

Hopefully, you precise model, or something quite close, is listed at http://www.linux-laptop.net/. Most if the docs there usually at least have configs for sound and XFree. If not, check out the newsgroup comp.os.linux.portable. The folks there are usually first rate.