Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Upgrade to KDE 3

Thread: Upgrade to KDE 3

Hybrid View

johnqpublic

Upgrade to KDE 3

I'm trying to upgrade to KDE 3. I cd to /root /kde3 where my deb. packages are and run dpkg -i (package name) and get: "no such file or directory" error.I'm looking right at the darn things so what might the problem be?

LiNuts

Re:Upgrade to KDE 3

I just upgraded to kde3 by putting these 2 lines in my sources.list.
    deb http://kde3.geniussystems.net/debian ./
    deb http://people.debian.org/~bab/kde3 ./
    Then just ran apt-get update and apt-get install
    I didnt remove any kde2.2.2 stuff, it was removed as the install of kde3 was taking place.

I installed kdelibs 1st then kdebase then arts, after that it does'nt matter in what order you install any other kde progs, seems to be working well.
    Cheers
    LiNuts

BTW: It also uninstalled koffice, so i will have to re-install that, if there is a version available for kde3

johnqpublic

Thanks LiNuts,one more question,you install qt3 before kde3 deb.packages?As for koffice,SuSE 8.0,Redhat 7.3 which come with KDE3 had koffice 1.1.1 installed with it and it seems to work fine so maybe that's the version you want.Oh, koffice 1.2 beta is out too.

LiNuts

Yeah, Install qt3 first, when i tried to install kde3 it complained about not having qt3 installed.
    Cheers
    LiNuts