Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

neighbour table overflow

Thread: neighbour table overflow

chippy

neighbour table overflow

please help...

after shutting my server down (red hat 6.1) and restarting it the following message starting scrolling continously on my screen:

NEIGHBOUR TABLE OVERFLOW
    RPC: SENDMSG RETURNED ERROR 105

Any ideas? I haven't had much experience with linux and am highly confused????? this message has been scrolling on my terminal for over three weeks now (even restarting doesn't take it away). the sendmsg option is turned off yet this message continues to scroll?????

chippy

JimH

Re:neighbour table overflow

Hmmm, I never seen that error before. :'( A google search didn't turn up much either, but it does look like it might be a problem with the loopback interface from what I did find.

What does "ifconfig" or "ifconfig -a" show. Without the quotes. I don't remember if the "-a" switch was required for 6.1 or not. It has been a long time since I ran a 6.x box.

Jim H

JimH

This is from an IM sent to me.

thanks. i will give the ifconfig a try and see what is displayed. quick question - what is the "loop back interface" (you'll have to excuse me, this is all still "greek" to me!!!)

chippy
    Basically you could describe the loopback interface (lo) as a software interface that allows your computer make connections to itself and talk to itself.

Might take a look at the Linux networking howto.

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Net-HOWTO/index.html

Jim H

chippy

Jim...

You were 100% right. It was the lo interface - for some reason it wasn't setup??? I went in and did the ifconfig -a and sure enough there wasn't anything setup under lo.

I had to reconfigure it and it immediately solved the problem.

regards
    chippy

JimH

Cooooooool! 8) Glad to see you have it fixed now. ;D

Jim H