Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

SuSE 8.0 Installed

Thread: SuSE 8.0 Installed

johnqpublic

SuSE 8.0 Installed

Just got it installed.I had to set up my NIC using static configuration as it would'nt work using DHCP.Came with Galeon and Opera which was cool.KDE 3.0 is great so far even tho I haven't really prowled around much.The install is somewhat simplified if that's possible cuz the installation was always easy on 7.1,7.2,7.3 .Has support for SB Audigy cards and GeForce 3 support as well.Nada on GeForce 4 graphics cards I guess.Time to end this post and start thrashing! ;D

JimH

Re:SuSE 8.0 Installed

Cooooool! 8) Let us know what you think of it.

Jim H

x0xCRIZx0x

Does anyone know if SuSE will be offering an ftp installation for 8.0 ? I've browsed through my fav mirrors, but all I've seen is the live eval for 8.0 (current still points to 7.3).

JimH

I haven't seen anything about them offering and ftp install of 8.0

Jim H

johnqpublic

Well,it's been about 12 days since I installed 8.0.So far I've found it to be a great Distro.The only probs I encountered were with KDE 3.First,when logged in as root making changes to the desktop were not saved cuz when you logged back in you were greeted with default settings again.A trip to SuSE Support gave me the fix for it however.A missing file in the home directory of root caused this,so I entered this: touch /root/.skel/kdebase3 and no more desktop saving prob.Second,again logged in as root the kicker panel has missing icons that should be there.Kicker has more than a few bug reports listed at kde.org.Yast is no longer used in 8.0 just Yast2 which is ok but I liked Yast also.The new Firewall 2 was a little easier to use (for me anyhow) and was a nice feature.Only thing that chap's my hide is Xmcd refuses to save settings.Did this in KDE 2.2.2 as well as 3.0.Have to reconfigure the bloody thing each time I use it.Still think KDE 3 is really cool tho and as it is still new there are bound to be a few bugs.SuSE 8.0 in and of itself pretty much flawless to me,but I'm a SuSE freak and a bit biased.Time to stop rambling so good day all.

krome

I know what you mean when it comes to SuSE its the bomb!
    ive used SuSE for a couple years now and i dig it. tried other distros but none were as good as SuSE except maybe Mandrake. But now that i have 8.0 installed i love it finally got it configured to my liking. but enough of this see ya