Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

IBM Thinkpad Modem

Thread: IBM Thinkpad Modem

IBM Thinkpad Modem

I have an IBM TP Laptop(233mhz, running Vectorlinux 2.0) and I can't seem to get the modem working. It's a Xircom combo card, 10/100 + 56K. I am able to get the NIC part working, but can't get the modem to even be recognized.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thnx.

Re: IBM Thinkpad Modem

hello,
    the right IRQ and address probably need to get passed in, i have not done this myself, but if i were i would look here:
    http://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net/ftp...A-HOWTO-4.html

a setserial command my also be what you need.

Re: IBM Thinkpad Modem

Thanks for the reply...I have checked that link and downloaded the lastest software from it, but still having problems with the modem.

Another problem I noticed is, during bootup, I see that ttyS4 is listed, but once inside linux I don't have a ttyS4 port. I tried manually creating the ttyS4 port and when I reboot the system get to the section about configuring ttyS4 and hangs.

Anymore suggestions?

Thnx.