Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

ipchains script problem

Thread: ipchains script problem

Hybrid View

gman

ipchains script problem

Probably a stupid question. I wrote a lenghty ipchains script and got two errors. One says that I have weird characters in the loopback interface (no aliases :, ! , or *), and the other error says unexpected end of file (indicates the actual last line).

Has anyone seen these errors before?

Spot

Re:ipchains script problem

Probably a stupid question. I wrote a lenghty ipchains script and got two errors. One says that I have weird characters in the loopback interface (no aliases :, ! , or *)
    Make sure you have no spaces in there too. If you post what's actually there, that might be of more use as well.
    and the other error says unexpected end of file (indicates the actual last line).
    How did you end it? Once again, if you post what's there, that would be of some help.
    A buddy of mine wrote a basic ipchains script/template that you might have a look at to compare for possible errors:
    http://newbieschool.org/woog/FIREWALL

gman

Thanks for the replies. I will check for inadvertant blanks.

I ended the script simply by hitting the Enter key after completing the last rule. Did I need a symbol or command or something in there?

JimH

Without seeing the lines of code causing the errors it is impossible to know what might be wrong. There isn't a specific command needed to end a bash script.

Jim H